- Atal Bihari Vajpayee to take place at 4 PM tomorrow at Rashtriya Smriti Sthal in Delhi
- Vajpayee to be accorded state funeral; 7 day mourning declared, flag to be flown at half
- Govt announces 7-day national mourning following demise of Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Former Prime Minister Vajpayee dead
- Kerala rains: 12 more NDRF teams sent
Kuchipudi dance event held at Shaheed Bhavan auditorium
With the praises of Lord Ganesha, began the scintillating Kuchipudi dance. A fine evening was well spent by the arts and cultural lovers of the city. Renowned Kuchipudi dancer Hima Bindu Kanoj along with her troupe presented an enthralling performance before the Bhopalites.
The cultural event of Kuchipudi dance and Ballet was held on Tuesday at Shaheed Bhavan auditorium. The event was organized by Chaitanya Socio Cultural Society marking the conclusion of three day kuchipudi dance performance. The performances were given by the artists of Natyamitram Hyderabad and Chaitanya Socio Cultural Society.
The event began with Gajaananayutam Ganeshwaram was a composition of Mutthuswami Deekshitar which was all about the praises of Lord Ganesha. The composer describes, Lord Ganesha being worshipped by Bhrama and Indra. Their performance was followed with the flawless performances. Through expressive expressions and wondrous abhinay the dancers were able to captivate the interest of the audience.
The next performance was all about Lord Krishna and his warm welcome by Gopika. Swagatam Krishna narrates the happiness of Gopika when she welcomes Krishna with utmost adoration and admiration. Next performance, Nama Ramayana is composition by Vaishnavaite which is a condensed form of Ramayana.
In this performance the dancers describe the six kandas of Ramayana. Every kanda is is separated by introducing musical swaras and ragas and the artisist portrays different characters of Ramayan while maintaining the balance of Abhinaya and Nritya.
Next performance was Jatiswaram which comprises of Jatis and Swars. A performance on Meera Bhajan ‘Jag mein Sunder hain do naam’ left the audiences totally spellbind. The dance was wrapped by Tarangam and Tillana. The audience enjoyed the show with a lot of enthusiasm and applauded the performance whole heartedly.
- Vajpayee’s death: Schools to remain shut today 17 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM announces Rs 5 lakh for rescuers of Shivpuri floods 17 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Important to build new MP to build new India: CM 17 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Vajpayeeji lived entire life for country 17 Aug 2018 | Shivraj Singh Chouhan | in Bhopal
- Atalji was my Guru and a father figure: Raman 17 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- BG teachers resume stir in capital 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Naveen expresses deep grief 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- KISS holds 1st IUAES preparatory meet 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CM launches Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Unfazed by rain, M’bhanj holds I-Day 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar