- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Many schemes to help farmers increase yield introduced: Tomar
The Madhya Pradesh Government has been implementing a number of schemes to help the farmers in increasing their productivity. This was stated by Narendra Singh Tomar, the Union Minister of Rural Development, Panchayat Raj and Mines during the Kissan Sammelan held at the Export Facilitation Centre of the Gwalior Fair.
Addressing a huge gathering of farmers from various parts of the district, the Union Minister said that the government of Shivraj Singh has been initiating various farmer oriented steps, like reducing cost of cultivation and assisting the farmers to realize remunerative prices for their yields. He added that the government is also implementing several centrally sponsored schemes to make sure that the interests of the farmers are protected at all costs.
Speaking as the Chief Guest of the sammelan, Jaibhan Singh Pawaiya, the Cabinet Minister of Higher Education, Government of Madhya Pradesh said that Rs 16 crore has been deposited in the accounts of 6800 farmers of the district. He added that this step is under the Mukyamantri Krishak Samrudhi Yojana of the government of Madhya Pradesh.
Special guest of the program, Maya Singh, the Cabinet Minister of Rural and Urban Development and Housing, Government of Madhya Pradesh said that the Shivraj Singh government is sensitive towards all issues of people and is committed to developing all sections of the society without any differentiation.
Giving details about the scheme, Rahul Jain, the District Collector said that the government has deposited Rs 200 per quintal in the account of all farmers. He added that this sammelan is being held to bring to the notice of the farmers the details of the various schemes that are being implemented for their welfare.
The sammelan was also attended by Vivek Shewalkar, the Mayor of Gwalior, MLA, Bharat Singh Kushwaha and Abhaya Chowdhary, Chairman of the Gwalior Development Authority among others.
- Pranaam Pawas: A poetic event organised to welcome monsoon 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Rudali: A play on women’s struggles staged 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HC allows teenager rape victim to abort 26-week foetus 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Citizens plan to approach court if drive diluted 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BJP MLAs & Cong leaders oppose anti-encroachment drive in Premnagar Bazaa 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 155 cm height fixed for women candidates for police posts 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman straying away to Bengal returns home 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hry Govt to begin special transport service for girl students of Mewat, Morni hills 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab CM approves solar energy project in agri fields 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi