MP’s School Edu Dept bags Center’s e- Governance Gold
The education portal of Madhya Pradesh’s School Education Department has been given the Centre’s National e-Governance Gold award. The education portal has been given the award in the Innovation in Existing Project of Government Department category. The information of the award was given by the Centre’s Department of Personnel to Rajya Shiksha Kendra Director Lokesh Jatav.
The Gold award will be given at the 21st National e-Governance Seminar in Telangana capital Hyderabad on February 26 and 27. The education portal has been prepared to review the monitoring and results of the implementation of the academic and administrative works by the School Education Department.
The MP education portal had been started with the help of National Information Centre (NIC) by School Education Department in year 2008 to provide better work execution and online services for school education related departments, offices, schools, teachers and parents. Keeping the changing times and needs in mind, new technique has been used in the portal and it has been made even more useful. The education portal is carrying out the integrated e-governance system work very well. Information of over 1.50 crore children of over 90 thousand settlements of the state and 1.50 lakh government and private schools is available online.
Through the portal, effective management of salaries, service-books and services of more than 3.90 lakh teachers etc of the State is being undertaken.
The entire database of proven information of personal academic and bank accounts of students of over 1.50 crore schools of the state is being collected through the portal. Students are being provided over 35 scholarships and stipends and funds of more than Rs 500 crore under various incentive schemes of 9 departments online with one click in the most transparent manner. More than 13 lakh GEO tag photos have been taken of the available infrastructure of 1.25 lakh schools through the GIS at School app for the first time in the country. This has ensured availability of school resources in all settlements.
Recognition of private schools is also being provided online in the most transparent and simplified manner under Right to Education law. Online admissions on 25 per cent seats reserved for children of financially weak and deprived classes is also being made available in these schools. Through the education portal, aptitude tests have been undertaken of nearly 1.50 lakh students and their teachers have been graded school-wise.
- ‘Bhopal on Canvas’ painting exhibition at Swaraj Bhavan Art Gallery 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Kids Zee School, Bhopal organises painting competition 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Campion School Primary Cabinet installed in ceremonious way 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Sawan Mela 2018 concludes on high note 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Platform for modelling, acting for budding talents launched 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Folk dance workshop for the young 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Singles 21 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Threat by murder accused to jump off terrace in city 21 Aug 2018 | SR | in Bhopal
- In brief 21 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Creation of artificial life: Can we ‘play’ God? 21 Aug 2018 | GYANENDRA NATH MITRA | in Dehradun