- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Protected cultivation proves boon for farmers in Vidisha
Rambai and Umabai of the village Hinotiya district Vidisha have started deriving benefit from the protected cultivation so much that their net house is transformed into a note house. Rambai says that vegetable production is increased since the Jalidaar Chhatri (Net House) has been installed in her agriculture field. Rambai and Umabai used to grow vegetables in open earlier and were able to earn a little profit with great pains. But the protected cultivation method has increased the vegetable production thus enhancing their profit manifolds.
These women have arranged for installation of the net house in 4000 square meter (One Acre Approx.) in 2016. They grew cucumber and capsicum in the first year and earned a handsome profit of `1.50 lakh. This year they have grown tomatoes and green chilies and have sold tomatoes worth `35 thousand till now. They further mention that they were unable to earn this much profit by producing traditional crops.
- Pranaam Pawas: A poetic event organised to welcome monsoon 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Rudali: A play on women’s struggles staged 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HC allows teenager rape victim to abort 26-week foetus 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Citizens plan to approach court if drive diluted 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BJP MLAs & Cong leaders oppose anti-encroachment drive in Premnagar Bazaa 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 155 cm height fixed for women candidates for police posts 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman straying away to Bengal returns home 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hry Govt to begin special transport service for girl students of Mewat, Morni hills 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab CM approves solar energy project in agri fields 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi