PWD to construct bridges, roads costing Rs 4,875
The Public Works Department will get constructed roads and bridges costing Rs 4,875 crore in the state. This was informed in a State Level Tender Disposal Committee’s meeting held under the Chairmanship of the Minister for Public Works Rampal Singh at Mantralaya on Thursday. The Principal Secretary Mohammad Suleman, Secretary RK Mehra and Engineer in Chief Akhilesh Agrawal were present in the meeting.
Tenders received for roads and bridges, financially sponsored by the New Development Bank (NDB) were disposed off in the meeting. Loan is being obtained from the NDB for upgradation of 85 main district roads into intermediate lane costing Rs 3,250 crore by the department. Besides this, loan of Rs 1,625 crore is being obtained for construction of 359 bridges on state highways and main district roads.
The loan negotiation related action is required to be taken by the Economic Affairs Department of the Government of India, State Government and Officers of the NDB before the approval of the loan by the NDB Board. Before the loan negotiation, it is pre-condition to approve tenders of 30 per cent works according to the conditions of the Government of India. The decision taken in the meeting has paved way for the loan negotiation after the approval of the tenders of 30 per cent works for both the projects ie roads and bridges.
According to the date informed by the Union Government, matter regarding loan negotiation will be transacted between the officers of the union and state government besides NDB at the Finance Ministry-New Delhi on August 17. Thereafter, both the projects will be presented in the Board meeting to be held in the month of September at Shanghai located NDB with full possibilities of approval.
- Ranchi girl wins Int’l beauty contest 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Missing boy’s body found 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Chhattisgarh to provide `10 cr aid to Kerala 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Roy inspects repairing of pump house at Mango, water supply resumes 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Tribal Affairs Dept launches App for profile registration of beneficiaries 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Harmu River rejuvenation work to be completed in 2 months 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CS directs officials to keep watch over cattle smuggling 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- XLRI’s ‘Jamshedpur Run’ today 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Maoist surrender before police in Giridih 19 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- NMDC officials study Dhamtari solid waste mgt facility 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur