Ration shops in every gram panchayat soon: Minister
Food, Civil Supplies, Consumer Protection and Labour Minister Omprakash Dhurve said that ration shops will be opened in every Gram panchayat. Independent sellers will be appointed in those ration shops which do not have them. Timely delivery of ration at the shops and proper distribution will be ensured.
Dhurve gave these instructions at a departmental meeting organised at the Mantralaya. Warehousing Corporation Chairman Rajendra Singh Rajput, Civil Supplies Corporation Chairman Hitesh Bajpai, Principal Secretary, Food Smt. Neelam Shami Rao, Commissioner Food Vivek Porwal and senior officers of the department were present at the meeting.
Dhurve issued directions to speed up process of allotment on the basis of applications invited for opening of government fair price shops in every panchayat. It was informed at the meeting that so far applications of opening 5253 shops have been received and the process of allotment is in process. There are 5334 such shops in rural areas which do not have independent sellers.
Dhurve directed to ensure appointment of independent sellers in all these shops before December 15. He said that the programme to deliver ration to Government fair price shops is fixed. He said that it should be ensured to deliver the ration on this fixed time. All beneficiaries must receive ration mandatorily from the 1st to 21st of every month.
The Food Minister issued instructions to initiate action to release 4 lakh connections every month under the Ujjwala Scheme. He said that the department has so far given gas connections to Rs 28.94 lakh beneficiaries, which is a big achievement. It was informed at the meeting that there are 72 lakh beneficiaries in the state who have to be provided gas connections under Ujjwala Scheme. Dhurve issued instructions to speed up appointment of district president of Consumers Forum.
- Cooperation of all necessary to achieve target: Ramsheela Sahu 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CGPCC chief Bhupesh Baghel to hoist tricolour at ‘Rajiv Bhavan’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NMDC Bacheli Complex bags FIMI’s ‘Tata Steel Mining Sustainability Award’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt officials employees to take compulsory pledge for voting 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CM meets Union Ministers on eco-sensitive zones, mines 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IN BRIEF 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 300 Armymen move SC against AFSPA dilution 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- XIMB Fin Assn holds biz meet ‘Finomics’ 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 dowry deaths in Jspur; hubbies arrested 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Keonjhar DM holds grievance meet 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar