State Tribal Museum screens movie ‘Bandar Mera Saathi’
A deep friendship between a young boy and a monkey was beautifully showcased in the Hindi film ‘Bandar Mera Saathi’. The movie was screened here on Thursday at Madhya Pradesh State Tribal Museum under the children’s film screenings ‘Ullas’.
The movie was directed by Gajanan Jagirdas and was released in year 1966. The movie revolves around a boy Shiboo and his monkey friend Munna. Shiboo and Munna are separated by situations and how they get back to each other is all about the movie.
Young Shiboo earns his livelihood running roadside shows with his monkey Munna, who is his only friend in the world. One day Munna runs away and plays havoc with the fruit trees of Raja Saheb’s garden. When Shiboo tries to get Munna back, Raja Saheb asks for Rs. 50 as compensation.
Since Shiboo cannot pay this, Raja Saheb sells off Munna to a circus manager. Shiboo is desperate and tries hard to get Munna back. But can a poor, orphan boy without any money, get his only friend back? This formed the rest of the story.
Actor and director Gajanan Jagirdas has been an influential force in Marathi and Hindi cinema.
- Students felicitated for outstanding leadership on I-Day 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- SHEIN celebrates first anniversary 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Former FM’s spouse remembers Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | VISHVENDU JAIPURIAR | in Ranchi
- Adhunik Power pays homage to Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- In brief 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Man convicted for raping minor girl 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- City girl wins IFTDA polls in Mumbai 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC: Lohardaga fairs well in special plan implementation 18 Aug 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- Preparing for ash immersion, Haridwar still nostalgic 18 Aug 2018 | RADHIKA NAGRATH | in Dehradun
- NH-74 scam: IAS lobby flexes muscles, seeks to meet CM 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun