- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Students take pledge to make their city clean
The college students of the city pledged to keep their city clean and contribute their bit in Swacch Bharat Mission. An oath taking ceremony was organised in Prestige College, Indore presided over by Mayor Malini Laxman Singh Gaud.
While addressing the event, Mayor talked about the importance of Swacch Bharat Mission. She said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi initiated the Swacch Bharat Mission with a motive and as a part of it Indore city also carried out a Swacchta Abhiyan. As a result of the Swacchta Abhiyan and constant hardwork of citizens and Indore Municipal Corporation (IMC), Indore is ranked as the cleanest city of the country under Swacchta Survey 2017.
Elaborating further, she said that with this achievement, all the other cities of the country have an eye on Indore. In a way, this city has become ideal for many. She further said, “It is our duty to keep our city clean and have to maintain this position in future as well.” While interacting with the students, Mayor also informed them about the segregation of wet and dry waste. She also highlighted about the importance of composting with dry and wet waste.
To mark the oath taking ceremony, students of Prestige College vowed to maintain the number one position in cleanliness under Swacchta Survey 2018. Mayor highlighted the importance of cleanliness and how students can contribute their bit.
Later, a questionnaire was also held wherein the students asked about their various queries and interacted with the Mayor.
- KASAULI, DAGSHAI AND SUBATHU: The Quaint Cantonment Hill stations 16 Jul 2018 | Amitabh Shukla | in Chandigarh
- ‘Writing’ to Lord Shiva is Cong’s shallow tactics: Chouhan 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Six of debt-ridden family commit suicide in Hazaribag 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Stormy monsoon session on cards in Jharkhand 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 BSF troopers martyred in gun battle with Maoists 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt to withdraw SC cases of businessmen on GST: Goyal 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Inbrief 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Fashion Designer of the Year Award presented 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- MPSSA first to provide int’l-level facilities to players: Vijay Kumar 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Several events presented under Uttaradhikar series 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal