Temperature dips to 4 degree celcius, intense cold prevails
The citizens in the State capital on Tuesday woke up to a foggy morning with very intense cold weather conditions that prevailed throughout the day.
Sharp dip in the day temperature was felt and it was recorded 4 degree Celsius below the normal temperature at 22.5 degree Celsius. Dark clouds were witnessed and cold winds were witnessed during the day. The early morning hours were with very low visibility.
Met official said that the weather conditions would start to normalize after Wednesday as the system movement will impact the weather conditions for the next two days.
Rainfall continued to the witnessed for the second consecutive day in the state. Two places recorded 2 cm of rainfall while six places recorded 1 cm of rainfall in the past 24 hours.
Warning of hailstorm in the next 24 hours has been issued for Hoshangabad, Jabalpur and Shahdol divisions and warning of shallow to dense fog in Gwalior, Chambal, Sagar, Rewa and Hoshangabad divisions by Met department.
According to the forecast eight divisions are likely to witness thundery activities and rainfall. Few places in Jabalpur, Hoshangabad, Shahdol and Rewa divisions are likely to receive rainfall while isolated places in Bhopal, Gwalior, Chambal and Sagar divisions are likely to receive rainfall.
The temperatures are likely to be witnessed in the range of 25 degree Celsius to 13 degree Celsius. The lowest night temperature was recorded at 8 degree Celsius in Shivpuri.
Among major cities Indore recorded day temperature at 26.7 degree Celsius and night temperature at 13.4 degree Celsius. Jabalpur recorded the lowest day temperature at 19.3 degree Celsius which was 8 degree Celsius below the normal temperature. Gwalior recorded lowest night temperature at 10.5 degree Celsius.
- Students felicitated for outstanding leadership on I-Day 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- SHEIN celebrates first anniversary 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Former FM’s spouse remembers Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | VISHVENDU JAIPURIAR | in Ranchi
- Adhunik Power pays homage to Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- In brief 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Man convicted for raping minor girl 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- City girl wins IFTDA polls in Mumbai 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC: Lohardaga fairs well in special plan implementation 18 Aug 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- Preparing for ash immersion, Haridwar still nostalgic 18 Aug 2018 | RADHIKA NAGRATH | in Dehradun
- NH-74 scam: IAS lobby flexes muscles, seeks to meet CM 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun