- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Workshop on revision of bio-diversity work plan
The workshop for revision of Madhya Pradesh Bio-diversity Strategy and Work-plan was organized at the Academy of Administration and Management. Additional Chief Secretary KK Singh said that the pressure of population on the Earth has increased. A change has come over in the lifestyle of people.
This calls for revision in the strategy and work plan for bio-diversity. Every possible support will be given for this good work.Principal Chief Conservator of Forests and Chief of Forest Force Jawwad Hasan said that priority must be given to bio-products and people’s participation must be enhanced in the work plan of bio-diversity.
Bio-diversity is a subject connected to lifestyle, hence it becomes essential to apprise people with its benefits.
Programme Analyst, UNDP India Ruchi Pant said that the responsibility of all departments is must to form action plan of bio-diversity. This is a subject connected not only to personal but professional life also. Everyone will have to pay attention towards it. There is need for support not only in planning but also implementing it. He said that smart indicator must be used in its report.
Data and achievement should also be included. The plan must be linked with Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) The plan duration should be increased from 2018-28 to 2030.
She also stressed on the need to align the schemes of the government with the plan. Environmentalist and Delhi University Professor CR Babu said that the new plan must be prepared taking into account the local standards. Participation of communities will also have to be ensured and the prepared report will have to be implemented.
In his welcome address MP State Bio-Diversity Board Member Secretary R Srinivas Murthy said that the maximum effect of climate change can be noticed on Central India. Green cover has to be maximised in the next 30 to 50 years, so its work plan has to be prepared and work has to be started from now itself only then will it be of use to children in future.
- Pranaam Pawas: A poetic event organised to welcome monsoon 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Rudali: A play on women’s struggles staged 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HC allows teenager rape victim to abort 26-week foetus 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Citizens plan to approach court if drive diluted 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BJP MLAs & Cong leaders oppose anti-encroachment drive in Premnagar Bazaa 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 155 cm height fixed for women candidates for police posts 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman straying away to Bengal returns home 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hry Govt to begin special transport service for girl students of Mewat, Morni hills 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab CM approves solar energy project in agri fields 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi