- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Bijepur villagers hold demo to press demands
Bargarh: Nearly 1,000 people of T Gandapali village under Bijepur block staged a demonstration on Tuesday in front of the Bargarh district Collectorate pressing of a 3-point charter of demands. They were led by Bikram Seth. They submitted a memorandum to the Chief Minister through the Collector. They demanded immediate construction of a PMG road from Bazar Chowk of the village to Manik Chaura Chowk, grant to the village high school and steps to mitigate drinking water problem. They threatened to intensify the stir and boycottthe by-election of Bijepur if ignored.
B’pur R&B JE in Vig net; Rs 61L assets detected
Bhubaneswar: Vigilance sleuths conducted simultaneous raids on the houses and office room of Works Department No. 2 Zone Junior Engineer Chinmay Kumar Tripathy and detected assets worth Rs 61,26,851 in his and his family members’ names. The officers conducted houses and office room on capacity of a search warrant issued on the allegations of disproportionate assets possessed by him. The detected assets include six plots of Rs 23.42 lakh, deposits of Rs 23.13 lakh, LIC premiums of Rs 10.12 lakh, two motorcycles worth Rs 1.73 lakh, household articles of Rs 1.67 lakh, gold ornaments of Rs 1 lakh and Rs hard cash of Rs 10,000. Further investigations were on, said Brahampur Vigilance SP AK Dash.
JSpur admn holds Senior Citizens’ Week
Jagatsinghpur: The Social Security and Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities Department and the district administration in association with Jagatsinghpur Senior Citizens’ Association and NGOs observed the Senior Citizens’ Week here. Elderly persons who came from different parts of the district were greeted with flower bouquets, T shirts and caps. After a Padayatra, a meeting was held where guidelines under the Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior citizens Act 2017 were discussed. Sub Collector S C Natha Sharma, association president Binayak Patnaik, lawyer Dhirendra Acharya, Ashra secretary AK Khuntia and Tilotama Das attended. Many programmes like health checkup camp, sports event and religious discourse involving senior citizens have been planned for the week.
JSPur social activist Indumati Sahoo dies
Jagatsinghpur: Mahajyoti Women Federation president Indumati Sahoo passed away following a cardiac arrest here on Tuesday. She was 83. Indumati was a forerunner in spearheading SHG movement in the district. She was involved in many social activities like women empowerment, women and child care, education to adolescent girls and movement against animal cruelity. Many prominent persons mourned her death. Her body was cremated in her native village Rahama under Tirtol block in the afternoon.
Utkal Gramya Bank staffs demand regularization
Balangiri: Temporary employees working at different branches of the Utkal Gramya Bank in 17 districts on Wednesday staged a demonstration at the bank’s head office here demanding regularisation of their jobs. Utkal Gramya Bank Employees’ Union general secretary Pulin Mishra criticised the alleged apathy of the bank management and demanded that all employees be regularised at the earliest.
Bus hits truck in Balangir; 8 hurt
Balangir: As many as eight persons were injured as a bus in which they were travelling hit a stationary truck at Puintala on the outskits of Balangir town on Wednesday morning. The bus was on its way from Badamba in Cuttack district to Patnagarh via Balangir when the mishap occurred. All the injured are undergoing treatment at the District Headquarters Hospital (DHH), Balangir, said CDMO Dr Sujnanendra Mishra.
Rock python rescued in Balangir town
Blangir: A rock python around 8.5 feet long was rescued by members of the Balangir Snake Helpline led by MS Tandi (Suru) from near the RTO office here on Tuesday evening. Later, the snake was released into the Chandali reserve forest.
Athlete selection camp launched at B’ngir
Balangir: An eight-day athlete coaching-cum-selection camp was formally launched by District Sports Officer Rajendra Prasad Badei at the Centurion University here on Wednesday. JITM Balangir director Pradeep Sarangi and Fencing Association of India coach Prabin Kumar Banwari were present, among others. The camp would continue till October 18 and those athletes who would be selected will attend another coaching camp at Bhubaneswar before moving to Bangalore and Aurangabad to participate in a tournament, said organiser Sumit Ranjan Purohit.
- KASAULI, DAGSHAI AND SUBATHU: The Quaint Cantonment Hill stations 16 Jul 2018 | Amitabh Shukla | in Chandigarh
- ‘Writing’ to Lord Shiva is Cong’s shallow tactics: Chouhan 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Six of debt-ridden family commit suicide in Hazaribag 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Stormy monsoon session on cards in Jharkhand 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 BSF troopers martyred in gun battle with Maoists 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt to withdraw SC cases of businessmen on GST: Goyal 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Inbrief 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Fashion Designer of the Year Award presented 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- MPSSA first to provide int’l-level facilities to players: Vijay Kumar 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Several events presented under Uttaradhikar series 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal