- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
Police raid illegal cracker unit; 3 arrested in Jajpur
Jajpur: Ahead of the Diwali, police raided illegal cracker units in different places in Jajpur district on Thursday and arrested three cracker makers. The arrested were identified as Santosh Kuanr of Haripur under the Kuakhia police station, Natabar Parida of Kabatabandha village under the Jenapur PS and Bandhu Deuri of Majhipada under the Balichandrapur PS, said district SP Charan Singh Mina.
Bus helper killed in mishap in Baleswar
Baleswar: The helper of a passenger bus heading towards Baripada from Bhubaneswar died on the spot and two passengers were injured after the bus had a collision with a truck near Khantapara on NH. The deceased was identified as Thapa Boita of Kuliana in Mayurbhanj district.
Mental Health Fortnight observed in JSPur
Jagatsinghpur: The World Mental Health Fortnight was observed with a function organised by the District Legal Aid Board and NGOs here on Tuesday. District Judge and Legal Aid Board Chairman RN Mishra inaugurated the event accompanied by Secretary Swetasini Kar, SDJM PK Pradhan, CDMO Dr Maheswar Pradhan and Dr Sudhakar Biswal. The guests said the Union and State Governments have made laws ensuring social security and justice to physically-disabled, but the provisions need proper implementation as mental patients require social assistance in spite of medical treatment for bringing them to the social mainstream.
Fisherman dies in lightning in JSPur
Jagatsinghpur: A 50-year-old fisherman died as lightning struck him on Tuesday. The deceased was identified as Raghu Mandal, a resident of Dhinkia village near Paradip. He was catching fish in a river mouth when the tragedy struck him.
Girl tries to save bro from drowning; both die
Nuapada: In a heartrending incident, a girl’s effort to save her younger brother from drowning in a pond went in vain and both met with watery grave at Mahulabhatta village in Nuapada district on Thursday. The deceased were identified as Tezbai Rana (14) and her brother Daulat Rana (12). The tragedy took place when the two were bathing in the pond near their house.
Kumar Utsav celebrated by Little Star in Nimapara Nimapara:
A cultural programme “PhulaBaulabeni” was organised by Sumanta Moharana, founder of Little Star Group, at the Purnrswar temple here on Wednesday. MLA Samir RanjanDash, former police IG BatakrushnaTripathy, PPL chief Sudhiranjan Dash, Lecturer Dr Pranab Swain, Subrat Mohanty, social worker Ajay Mishra, Saubhagyaranjan Tripathy, Niranjan Pradhan and Dharmapad Dash were guests. Schoolchildren performed Gotipua and other dances. The Little Star Group is much popular in most part of Odisha for its dedication to cultural activities.
12 held for gambling; cash seized in B’ngir
Balangir: Acting on a tipoff, a team of police comprising special squad and inspector of Titilagarh police station detected gambling near the house of one Santosh Kumar Naik of Blockpada on October 11n night and arrested 12 persons and recovered Rs 62,400 from the spot. Besides, 24 motorcycles were also seized from the spot. The Titilagarh police have registered a case no 322/12-10-17 under Section 3/4/OPG Act, informs Titilagarh SDPO Dilip Purohit.
- CM grieves demise of Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Maoist bandh cripples life in Malkangiri 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Raipur
- Got new lease of life, will work more for people’s welfare: Jogi 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CS sets tree plantation target for all industrial units 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Caloffee to provide European flavour to Raipurians 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Gariaband first in State with max. solar irrigation pumps 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- 90,000 trucks, goods carriers go on indefinite strike 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Attack on Swami Agnivesh is condemnable: Baba Ramdev 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raipur becomes ‘future development layout city' 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- ‘Open MKCG 2nd gate in public interest’ 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar