Pradhan welcomes Jain preacher
Bhubaneswar: Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan welcomed Jain Apostle Acharya Mahashraman’s Ahimsa Yatra, which has been started in 2014 from New Delhi, here on Saturday. Pradhan said Mahashraman has taken out the Patha Yatra to spread the message of peace, fellow-feeling and nonviolence in the country. His visit to Odisha would provide moral power to the people, he added.
MCL-supported ‘Sambalpur Itihaas’ released
Sambalpur: MCL CMD AK Jha on Saturday released the first Odia print of “Sambalpur Itihaas”, a comprehensive volume on the history of Sambalpur from 200 AD to modern days. Sambalpur Press Club president Deepak Panda has authored the book with support of the MCL. The book has rare references such as pertaining to the mutiny of Veer Surendra Sai and others, diamond mines of Sambalpur, important letters written between top government officials and instrument of accession of Princely States, letters from Gandhiji and Fraser and reports on Sambalpur British Imperialism. The book also speaks about Iskander Mirza, the first President of Pakistan, who was Political Agent for the Britishers in Sambalpur.
‘When I am 64’ competitions held
Bhubaneswar: The HelpAge India organised State-level competitions titled ‘When I am 64’ to spread awareness and sensitisation among school children towards senior citizens here recently. Sana Afrin of DAV Unit-8, Bhubaneswar, D Ashish Kumar of Binod Bihari High School, Jajpur and Bandita Mahanta of DPS, Nalco Nagar, Angul were the winner in English essay, Odia essay and drawing respectively. Students from 19 districts participated in the contest. Children were given topics escalating their imagination putting themselves at the age of 64 and think what the life would be and what they can do for society at 64.
Karisma launches Mohey store in city
Bhubaneswar: Bollywood actor Karisma Kapoor visited the city on Saturday and inaugurated the Mohey’s first store at Saheed Nagar here. “Mohey brings a wonderful design sensibility, traditional yet young, classy yet vibrant. I truly, relate to its attitude. I know I am going to pick several pieces myself,” said Karisma.
KTM holds stunt show in Balugaon
Balugaon: The KTM, European Racing Legend, conducted a breathtaking KTM stunt show here to showcase the mind-blowing stunt rides and tricks from the professional stunt riders. The professional stunt team demonstrated the stunts on the KTM Duke bikes. The event was open to all and the spectacular stunts took the town by storm. Till now, such stunt shows have been organised at many other cities in country including Bhubaneswar and Brahmapur.
- Two-month-old dies in 108-Amublance 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- No tuition fee for children under Mukhya Mantri Jan-Kalyan 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Stone laid for Narmada-Parvati link project 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Heavy rain sweeps away 3 children 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Centre okays Rs 1131.87 cr projects for HP: Jai Ram Thakur 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Investiture ceremony was held in the Delhi Public School 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‘Mor Gaon Mor Desh’ hits theatre 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Govt to step in amid drought fear 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Chas gets ODF status for third year 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Measles-Rubella vaccination at Bokaro Thermal 18 Jul 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi