882 Subarnapur schools have no playgrounds
Even as both the State and Central Governments are encouraging students to develop sporting activities, the move has gone rudderless here as most of the schools in the district don’t have a playground.
Worse, grazing lands adjacent to schools, which were being used as playgrounds by students have been encroached by land grabbers, it was learnt.
As per the Right To Education Act (RTE), 2009, every school sould have its own playground.
Figures available with the office of the District Coordinator of Sarva Sikhsha Abhiyan (SSA) revealed that of the 1,026, primary and Upper Primary schools, 882 schools have no playgrounds of their own .
On being inquired about the details, the SSA office sources stated that 14 schools under Sonepur Municipality, 11 under Tarbha NAC and 17 under Binka NAC have no facilities for the students for their physical activities, as they don’t have any playgrounds.
Similarly, 119 schools in Sonepur block, 116 in Binka block, 142 in Dunguripali block, 153 in Tarbha block, 162 in Ullunda block and 148 in Birmaharajpur block under Subarnapur education district have no playgrounds.
Surprisingly, Physical Education Teachers (PET) have been appointed in most of these schools and several schools have part time instructors to teach other physical activities to students. Questions are being raised over the job of these physical trainers when the schools have no playground in the first place.
After the formation of district of 23 years ago, till today there has been no proper development in most of the schools, which has astonished all.
- Two-month-old dies in 108-Amublance 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- No tuition fee for children under Mukhya Mantri Jan-Kalyan 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Stone laid for Narmada-Parvati link project 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Heavy rain sweeps away 3 children 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Centre okays Rs 1131.87 cr projects for HP: Jai Ram Thakur 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Investiture ceremony was held in the Delhi Public School 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‘Mor Gaon Mor Desh’ hits theatre 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Govt to step in amid drought fear 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Chas gets ODF status for third year 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Measles-Rubella vaccination at Bokaro Thermal 18 Jul 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi