Adivasi Mela now at Exhibition Ground
The annual tribal fair, popularly known as Adivasi Mela, is all set to kick off on January 26 but at a different location in the capital city this year. The event, which was held at the Adivasi Ground at Unit-1, will now be organised at the Idco Exhibition Ground at Unit-3.
The State Government on Wednesday announced shifting of the venue for the fair. The event, to be held from 2 pm till 9 pm, will begin on the Republic Day and conclude on February 9.
The location was changed on the ground of smooth traffic management and better parking facilities, according to an official Press release.
The colourful fair showcases tribal market, tribal food court, tribal agricultural produces and forest produces at an Adivasi Village set up on the exhibition ground.
The authorities were planning to shift the fair venue to the Janata Maidan before finally deciding to hold it at the Idco Exhibition Ground.
- Students felicitated for outstanding leadership on I-Day 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- SHEIN celebrates first anniversary 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Former FM’s spouse remembers Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | VISHVENDU JAIPURIAR | in Ranchi
- Adhunik Power pays homage to Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- In brief 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Man convicted for raping minor girl 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- City girl wins IFTDA polls in Mumbai 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC: Lohardaga fairs well in special plan implementation 18 Aug 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- Preparing for ash immersion, Haridwar still nostalgic 18 Aug 2018 | RADHIKA NAGRATH | in Dehradun
- NH-74 scam: IAS lobby flexes muscles, seeks to meet CM 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun