Agarwal’s Hosp restores chronic eye disorder
The Dr Agarwal’s Eye Hospital, Sahid Nagar here restored a 33-years-old optic disc pit congenital disorder of a patient, Raj Kishore Mandal, trough treatment.
The optic disc pit congenital disorder occurs due to the imperfect closure of the embryonic fissure or the wall that encloses the eyes.
Mandal, a contract labour of Paradip Port, was unaware of his condition till recently. Six months ago, he developed distorted vision in his left eye. Lack of clear vision troubled him a lot. At the Dr Agarwal’s Eye Hospital, Dr Samir Vankawala, Vitreo retinal surgeon, Dr Agarwal’s Eye Hospital also detected that Mandal had also developed macular detachment. The condition was so serious that he had already lost 50 per cent of his vision. The doctors opted for a four-stage combination therapy which included Pars plana vitrectomy, ILM peeling, autologous ILM implantation and C3F8 gas injection. Mandal has not only got his vision back, but has rejoined his work.
- Steel sector witnessing positive growth: Narendran 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Saryu underscores challenges on I-Day 17 Aug 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- Tourist Docs hold medical camp in PTR’s Maromar 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Westside opens doors to fashion enthusiasts 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand, land of brave people: Guv 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand overcame darker days: Raghubar Das 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- New M3 Time EVM rushed at Bokaro 17 Aug 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Police recover dead body of Hawildar 17 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Excise Dept seizes foreign liquor, one arrested 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CMD CCL inaugurates digital radiography, dialysis machines 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi