Baleswar acid attack claim turns out a hoax
The acid attack allegation made by Madhusmita Mohapatra and her relatives have so far proved to be false as police investigated the issue seriously and said that they have collected evidence showing that the claim made by the so-called victim has no basis and is a hoax.
In fact, according to police, Madhusmita got burn injuries when she set an office of a finance company at Sahadevkhunta on fire. Since she is undergoing treatment in a private hospital in Cuttack for burn injuries, her statement couldn’t be obtained.
Sahadevkhunta police station IIC Jayant Behera said the pillion rider of Madhusmita’s scooty has revealed the truth. On that morning, she saw Madhumita taking some liquid in a polythene bag and a match box to the first floor of the finance company’s building. After sometime, she came back and washed her face after taking water from a shop nearby.
“The statement of the pillion rider is recorded under Section 164 CrPC. Furthermore, evidences were collected about the fire incident. She would face charges for setting fire and misleading investigating agencies. However, we would come to a conclusion after taking her statement following her discharge from hospital as well as a statement of her maternal uncle, who has lodged the FIR,” said Behera.
Due to business rivalry, the incident could have taken place, said the police further.
It may be noted that the news of acid throwing rocked the State after Madhusmita alleged that two unknown masked miscreants threw acid on her and sped away in numberless bike. They threw acid when she was going to fetch motton towards Sovarampur along with her female friend by her scooty.
However later, staffs of the finance company lodged an FIR with the Sahadevkhunta police alleging that some unknown woman set their office on fire which was doused by him with help of others.
- Steel sector witnessing positive growth: Narendran 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Saryu underscores challenges on I-Day 17 Aug 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- Tourist Docs hold medical camp in PTR’s Maromar 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Westside opens doors to fashion enthusiasts 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand, land of brave people: Guv 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand overcame darker days: Raghubar Das 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- New M3 Time EVM rushed at Bokaro 17 Aug 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Police recover dead body of Hawildar 17 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Excise Dept seizes foreign liquor, one arrested 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CMD CCL inaugurates digital radiography, dialysis machines 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi