‘BJD manifesto forgets issues of SCs, STs’
The ruling Biju Janata Dal (BJD) didn’t give importance to the core issues of dalits and tribals of the State in its election manifesto, alleged members of the Milita Dalit O Adivasi Surakshya Samiti at a Press meet here on Sunday.
Though the tribals and dalits are 40 per cent of the total population of the State, Samiti member Laxman Mallick said, the ruling party didn’t show any interest to make promises for development of the poor dalits and tribals.
“We have been demanding before the State Government to increase the per cent of reservation from 20 to 38, but the State does not pay heed to our demands,” said Mallick, adding, “Even this time also the BJD didn’t mention a single line in its manifesto to fulfill our demands.”
Other members of the Samiti said the State allowed only touchable dalits (high society) to contest in the elections forgetting the representatives of untouchable dalits. “We demand the State Government to delist the touchable dalits from the SC category and introduce untouchable dalits into the category,” said the members.
The members also alleged that funds sanctioned by the Central Government under Sub-Plans for tribals and dalits are diverted to other projects by the State Government which is unfortunate. “Instead of sanctioning more funds for our development, the State is snatching away our rights everyday,” said the members.
- Cooperation of all necessary to achieve target: Ramsheela Sahu 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CGPCC chief Bhupesh Baghel to hoist tricolour at ‘Rajiv Bhavan’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NMDC Bacheli Complex bags FIMI’s ‘Tata Steel Mining Sustainability Award’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt officials employees to take compulsory pledge for voting 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CM meets Union Ministers on eco-sensitive zones, mines 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IN BRIEF 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 300 Armymen move SC against AFSPA dilution 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- XIMB Fin Assn holds biz meet ‘Finomics’ 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 dowry deaths in Jspur; hubbies arrested 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Keonjhar DM holds grievance meet 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar