B’ngir farmer honoured for record yield
Nirakara Dharua, the farmer of Badtelenpali in the Lower Suktel project area of Balangir district, who received the Krishi Karman award from Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Rajasthan last week, was felicitated here by the district administration on Monday evening.
Among others, district Collector Muthu Kumar, DRDA PD Rajendra Pattnaik, Zilla Parishad President Bijaya Pradhani and Vice-President Gopa Mahanada and Deputy Director Agriculture Manaranjan Mallick lauded the effort of Dharua and urged other farmers to emulate his achievement.
In the 2013 Kharif season, Dharuaa had cultivated MTU-1001 high-yielding variety and achieved a production of 115 quintals per hectare which was highest paddy production in the State per hectare. While the normal paddy yield of the district was 25.53 kg, Dharua, by using the System Rice Intensification (SRI) and the line transplanting method and bio-fertiliser, got production of 45 quintals per acre.
Dharua was given a cash prize of Rs10, 000 from ATMA, Balangir with a citation and shawl by Collector Muthu Kumar. Assistant Agriculture Officer Harekrushna Panda and VLW Jyotsna Chura were honoured for their motivation for guiding Dharua for adoption of scientific methods of cultivation.
- Cooperation of all necessary to achieve target: Ramsheela Sahu 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CGPCC chief Bhupesh Baghel to hoist tricolour at ‘Rajiv Bhavan’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NMDC Bacheli Complex bags FIMI’s ‘Tata Steel Mining Sustainability Award’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt officials employees to take compulsory pledge for voting 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CM meets Union Ministers on eco-sensitive zones, mines 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IN BRIEF 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 300 Armymen move SC against AFSPA dilution 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- XIMB Fin Assn holds biz meet ‘Finomics’ 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 dowry deaths in Jspur; hubbies arrested 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Keonjhar DM holds grievance meet 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar