- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
B’pur cops observe Zero Tolerance Day
The Brahmapur police on Friday observed ‘Zero Tolerance Day.’ Policemen conducted drives against helmetless driving before every police station in the city.
While the day-long drive triggered a sensation in the city a record amount of fine were collected from the violators.
As the drive was conducted at every major intersection many helmetless riders fell into the trap. While some of them straightway paid the fine and went their way, some others dished out excuses or tried to find acquaintances among the cops.
As part of the Road Safety Awareness Week, the Brahmapur and Gopalpur police personnel held placards to sensitise the commuters. The two -wheeler riders were asked to wear helmets for their safety and asked not to drink and drive.
During the drive as many as 2,117 two-wheelers were checked and fines of Rs 2.74 lakh were collected. Similarly, 69 vehicles were detained in police stations for violating the motor vehicle rules and 578 vehicles were issued VCRs.
- Pranaam Pawas: A poetic event organised to welcome monsoon 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Rudali: A play on women’s struggles staged 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HC allows teenager rape victim to abort 26-week foetus 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Citizens plan to approach court if drive diluted 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BJP MLAs & Cong leaders oppose anti-encroachment drive in Premnagar Bazaa 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 155 cm height fixed for women candidates for police posts 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman straying away to Bengal returns home 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hry Govt to begin special transport service for girl students of Mewat, Morni hills 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab CM approves solar energy project in agri fields 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi