- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
B’war MCH session to start next yr: Min
In a bid to bring a substantial improvement in the healthcare sector of the district, Health Minister Pratap Jena made a series of announcements, including pumping of more funds, during his visit to the district on Friday.
Jena, after visiting the site at the Medical College and Hospital at Remuna and the District Headquarters Hospital here, conducted a review meeting.
Local MP RK Jena, Jaleswar MLA Aswani Patra , Sadar MLA JP Dash, Nilgiri MLA Sukanta Nayak , Soro MLA Parsuram Dhada, Basta MLA Ntiyananda Sahu, ZP president Nibedita Mohanty , district Collector Pramod Das, Dean of medical college Pratap Rath , CDMO Bibekanda Das, Additional Secretary Health Surajit Das and other officials were present.
Jena, besides reiterating that the classes for the Government medical college and hospital would begin from the next academic session in Baleswar, also said that by end of September the doctors of key posts and technicians would be posted there.
He revealed that a nursing school would be opened in the district and maintained that Rs 50 crore would be provided to the DHH for procurement of equipment for functional requirement of the medical college.
Jena stated that Rs 1,000 would be given to the patients of those 100 remote villages of the district where 108 and 102 service accessibility was difficult. He said Rs 8 crore each would be given to Soro and Basta CHC for establishment of a 30 bed MCH unit and for improvement of outdoor and indoor facilities of Nilgiri Sub divisional hospital and Baliapal CHC Rs 2.50 crore and Rs 1.60 crore would be provided respectively. Rs 80 lakh each would be given to the CHCs at Gopalpur, Kamarda, Remuna, Rupsa and Anantapur for improvement, he said.
Most importantly, the Minister committed that specialized facilities like Chemotherapy, Dialysis, MRI and CT scan would be provided in the Dstrict Headquarters Hospital soon.
The vacant posts of ENT specialists and anesthetists would be filled shortly, he informed.
- Pranaam Pawas: A poetic event organised to welcome monsoon 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Rudali: A play on women’s struggles staged 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HC allows teenager rape victim to abort 26-week foetus 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Citizens plan to approach court if drive diluted 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BJP MLAs & Cong leaders oppose anti-encroachment drive in Premnagar Bazaa 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 155 cm height fixed for women candidates for police posts 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman straying away to Bengal returns home 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hry Govt to begin special transport service for girl students of Mewat, Morni hills 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab CM approves solar energy project in agri fields 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi