- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Chit fund accused Nirupama gets bail
The Orissa High Court on Monday granted conditional bail to Nirupama Samal, a director of Midas Touch chit fund company. She had been arrested by the CBI in June 2016 along with her husband and MD of the company Soubhagya Samal from Gujarat.
The company has allegedly duped hundreds of investors from Odisha. Allowing the bail application, Justice SK Mishra directed Nirupama Samal to go on bail after producing a bank surety of Rs two crore and furnishing bail bonds of Rs two lakh each by two sureties. She was also asked to deposit her passport with the investigating officer and cooperate with the investigating agency as and when required. Her husband is still in CBI custody now, sources said. The couple had apparently gone underground, ever since the Odisha police booked them in 2013. The case was, however, handed over to the CBI in 2014 following orders from the Supreme Court.
- Pranaam Pawas: A poetic event organised to welcome monsoon 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Rudali: A play on women’s struggles staged 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HC allows teenager rape victim to abort 26-week foetus 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Citizens plan to approach court if drive diluted 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BJP MLAs & Cong leaders oppose anti-encroachment drive in Premnagar Bazaa 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 155 cm height fixed for women candidates for police posts 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman straying away to Bengal returns home 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hry Govt to begin special transport service for girl students of Mewat, Morni hills 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab CM approves solar energy project in agri fields 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi