City airport terminal to get facelift
In order to make the Biju Patnaik International Airport (BPIA) here less hassle-free for the travellers, the airport authorities have decided to give a facelift to the terminal.
BPIA Director Suresh Chandra Hota said the terminal’s area would be expanded three-fold and modernised. Food and beverage stalls including vending machines for tea, coffee and various eatables would be set up for convenience of the travellers.
As various counters have been allotted at the terminal at present, it is difficult to maintain the aesthetic beauty of the terminal. Therefore, 13 firms have been invited to be part of the selection process. The firm selected for the seven-year contract would provide international standard facilities inside the airport, Hota said.
He further said as per the decision, there will be stalls at entrance point, security check, check-in counter and longue. The 220 square metre-commercial areas would be expanded to 720 sqm. The airport authorities would collect Rs 23,31, 174 as rent from the firm selected for carrying out renovation of the terminal.
- Series of events on World Photography Day 20 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- ‘Shiv Bhakts’ to throng temples on last Monday of shrawan 20 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Miscreants commit loot in broad daylight 20 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Fitness freaks sprint to success in ‘Jamshedpur Run’ 20 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- KMEH forms executive committee to encourage eye donation 20 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Ranchi girl shines at ‘Ms Plus Size’ beauty contest 20 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Six arrested for committing crimes in State capital 20 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 4 bodies recovered from well 20 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- 96 city buses fleet reduces to 15, no takers for city bus service 20 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jairam Ramesh posts positives about J’khand 20 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi