CJI Dipak Misra opens Odisha Parba in Delhi
As scheduled, the ‘Odisha Parba-2018’ was inaugurated by Chief Justice Dipak Misra at Lawn No-6, India Gate in New Delhi on Friday.
The Odia Samaj, New Delhi is organising the three-day festival. Denizens from every nook and corner of Delhi NCR would witness the unique culture, heritage, tradition, cuisine and various other delights of Odisha.
‘I am quite delighted to be a part of Odia Parba yet again for its 2nd Edition. We have completed 200 years of Paika Rebellion and I am proud to say that I was born in Banipur which is quite famous for its Paika fighters. Let’s come and celebrate this event at the national capital which is a platform to bring together Odias and showcase our rich culture and heritage,” said Misra.
Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan praised Odia Samaj’s efforts for holding the festival. Odia Samaj president Sidhartha Pradhan said people can now have glimpses of Odisha’s culture through the handlooms like Sambalpuri saree, Kotpad saree and mouth-watering dishes like Gupchup, Katki Chaat, Pitha etc.
- Ranchi girl wins Int’l beauty contest 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Missing boy’s body found 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Chhattisgarh to provide `10 cr aid to Kerala 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Roy inspects repairing of pump house at Mango, water supply resumes 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Tribal Affairs Dept launches App for profile registration of beneficiaries 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Harmu River rejuvenation work to be completed in 2 months 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CS directs officials to keep watch over cattle smuggling 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- XLRI’s ‘Jamshedpur Run’ today 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Maoist surrender before police in Giridih 19 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- NMDC officials study Dhamtari solid waste mgt facility 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur