- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
CM inaugurates Ib bridge in Sambalpur
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Sunday inaugurated Ib Setu, the longest bridge of western Odisha, in Sambalpur.
The bridge connecting Sapne and Rampela panchayats has been constructed at an expenditure of Rs 117.49 crore on river Ib flowing between Sambalpur and Jharsugda districts. With the bridge, the distance between Sambalpur and Jharsuguda is now minimised by 50 km.
Earlier in the day during visit to Sambalpur, Chief Minister Patnaik first attended the second annual convocation ceremony of the IIM Sambalpur and handed over certificates to 45 students who successfully passed out from the premier management institution.
Addressing the students, Patnaik said, “Many of IIM students are desirous of innovation-based entrepreneurial opportunities. You must try to build upon your potential by converting innovative ideas into sustainable business models in order to create socioeconomic value for our country and society. IIM Sambalpur should take lead in developing the Centres of Excellence for startups and incubators. All these efforts at IIM will go a long way in fostering the community’s entrepreneurial climate by means of business creation and retention, technology commercialisation and creating of jobs and wealth.”
He said that the State Government is willing to partner with the IIM Sambalpur in its journey of inclusive growth.
“IIM Sambalpur should become an active participant, a knowledge partner and a think tank for planning, strategising and reinforcing Government schemes for social development,” Patnaik said.
- Pranaam Pawas: A poetic event organised to welcome monsoon 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Rudali: A play on women’s struggles staged 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HC allows teenager rape victim to abort 26-week foetus 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Citizens plan to approach court if drive diluted 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BJP MLAs & Cong leaders oppose anti-encroachment drive in Premnagar Bazaa 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 155 cm height fixed for women candidates for police posts 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman straying away to Bengal returns home 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hry Govt to begin special transport service for girl students of Mewat, Morni hills 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab CM approves solar energy project in agri fields 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi