- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
‘CM spoke Odia from teleprompter’
The BJP on Tuesday slammed Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik saying that though he read out his Children’s Day statement in Odia from a teleprompter, he termed the language as the best one and advised people to promote it.
“The Chief Minister took pauses to read out a statement of 20 to 25 pages in Odia from a teleprompter. If he can read out the same without a teleprompter, we will give him an award of Rs 1 lakh,” said BJP State general secretary Prithviraj Harichandan.
Harichandan said while 44,000 teacher posts are lying vacant and 66 per cent schools have no adequate infrastructure, the Chief Minister has started playing cheap politics using innocent students.
Harichandan alleged that the Government spent Rs 200 crore from the State exchequer for holding the Children’s Day for self-promotion of the Chief Minister.
Earlier in the day, party leaders held a protest meeting against the failure of the State Government in implementation of Central schemes like MDM, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, Swachh Bharat and MGNREGA. The party also raised issues of lack of drinking water and deteriorating health service situation in the State.
Among others, former Minister Manmohan Samal, party secretaries Kalandi Samal, Dillip Mallick and Lekhashree Samantsinghar, spokespersons Sajjan Sharma, Sudipta Ray, Golak Mohapatra and Dillip Mohanty, Yuva Morcha national presidentThakur Ranjit Dash and Mahila Morcha State president Prabhati Parida were present.
- KASAULI, DAGSHAI AND SUBATHU: The Quaint Cantonment Hill stations 16 Jul 2018 | Amitabh Shukla | in Chandigarh
- ‘Writing’ to Lord Shiva is Cong’s shallow tactics: Chouhan 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Six of debt-ridden family commit suicide in Hazaribag 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Stormy monsoon session on cards in Jharkhand 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 BSF troopers martyred in gun battle with Maoists 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt to withdraw SC cases of businessmen on GST: Goyal 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Inbrief 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Fashion Designer of the Year Award presented 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- MPSSA first to provide int’l-level facilities to players: Vijay Kumar 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Several events presented under Uttaradhikar series 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal