CM unveils universal health coverage scheme
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Tuesday announced a slew of healthcare initiatives to ensure universal health coverage in the State.
“One of our major commitments is universal health coverage. Today I am happy to announce that each and everyone visiting any Government health institution from the district to sub-centre level would be provided all health services free of cost,” Patnaik said.
“Biju Swasthya Kalyana Yojana would be implemented in the State from August 15. Under the scheme, secondary and tertiary cashless health- care assistance would be provided up to Rs 5 lakh per family per annum. About 3.5 crore people of the State covering more than 70 lakh families would be benefited by the landmark initiative,” said the Chief Minister.
Moreover, dropback assistance of Rs 500 would be provided to all pregnant women and infants who visit public healthcare facilities.
All the three initiatives would be implemented by the Government from August 15, 2018.
- Odia version of PM’s ‘Exam Warriors’ released 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Bid to gag media must be protested’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Librarians key to modern education system’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 girls die, three others critical of JSpur family 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Lions Club BBSR holds installation festival 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Cong protests over CMC failures 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Woman succumbs to labour pain in absence of doctor 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Jajpur teacher held for raping minor 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Giridih police seize 37 cattle 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- A’garh newlywed dies due to burn injury 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar