Cold spell lessens; fog intensifies
Though the prevailing cold conditions have slightly abated in Odisha, most parts of the State, including capital Bhubaneswar, witnessed dense fog on Saturday.
Commuters had a tough time due to poor visibility in the morning and the vehicle drivers had to keep their parking lights on to prevent any mishap.
Two-wheeler users were the worst-affected as they not only had to brave the chill but also drive in virtual zero visibility conditions with complete alertness and concentration.
The India Meteorological Department (IMD) Regional Office here predicted that the fog would persist for next three days. Hence, weathermen advised commuters to take caution.
“Dense fog will be witnessed till 10 am in various parts of the State from till January 16. Besides, Phulbani will record the lowest temperature of 5 degree Celsius in the next 24 hours,” said the weather office.
On Friday, the mercury had dropped below 10 degree Celsius at seven places across the State.
- Two-month-old dies in 108-Amublance 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- No tuition fee for children under Mukhya Mantri Jan-Kalyan 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Stone laid for Narmada-Parvati link project 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Heavy rain sweeps away 3 children 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Centre okays Rs 1131.87 cr projects for HP: Jai Ram Thakur 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Investiture ceremony was held in the Delhi Public School 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‘Mor Gaon Mor Desh’ hits theatre 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Govt to step in amid drought fear 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Chas gets ODF status for third year 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Measles-Rubella vaccination at Bokaro Thermal 18 Jul 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi