CPM protests hike in fuel prices
The Communist Party of India (Marxist) Bhubaneswar District Committee on Tuesday staged a demonstration at Master Canteen Square here protesting the hike in petrol, diesel and cooking gas prices.
On the plea of oil companies increasing crude oil price, the BJP Government is hiking the fuel prices frequently. Reducing 2 paise per litre is a mockery to the common people. Despite reduction of crude oil price in the international market, the fuel prices in India are increasing repeatedly affecting the prices of essential commodities and cost of passenger transportation, they pointed out.
Condemning the support of the Central Government to the oil companies, the CPI(M) demanded immediate reduction of fuel prices. The protest would continue against he price hike, announced CPI(M) leaders.
Under the leadership of CPI(M) District Committee member Prabhat Panigrahi and general secretary Saal Marandi, Jagadish Jena, Chamburu Soren and Minati Panigrahi, the party had taken out a rally from the railway station to Master Canteen Square. If the oil companies are not restricted by the Government and petrol and disel included on the GST Council agenda, the problems would worsen in future, they warned.
- Odia version of PM’s ‘Exam Warriors’ released 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Bid to gag media must be protested’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Librarians key to modern education system’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 girls die, three others critical of JSpur family 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Lions Club BBSR holds installation festival 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Cong protests over CMC failures 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Woman succumbs to labour pain in absence of doctor 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Jajpur teacher held for raping minor 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Giridih police seize 37 cattle 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- A’garh newlywed dies due to burn injury 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar