Doctor thrashed by deceased patient’s kin
A doctor of Primary Health Centre (PHC), Raighar in Nabarangpur district was severely beaten in a poison swallowing case on Tuesday afternoon.
According to reports one Sundari Adhikari (39) of Dumarimunda village under Raighar police station was admitted in the PHC by her relatives complaining poison swallowing over a family tiff on Monday night.
After preliminary treatment, Sundari’s condition was stated to be stable but later on Tuesday afternoon, her condition deteriorated and she died.
The attendants of the deceased accused Dr Amit Mandal of negligence and started thrashing him.
Meanwhile, police rushed to the spot and arrested the miscreants and forwarded them to court on Wednesday.
Reacting to the incident, associate doctors of the PHC said the doctors on duty are harassed several time here for no reason by the relatives of the patients and the outsiders as they have no security cover and demanded adequate security arrangement in the vicinity of the PHC besides strong action against the accused.
- Cooperation of all necessary to achieve target: Ramsheela Sahu 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CGPCC chief Bhupesh Baghel to hoist tricolour at ‘Rajiv Bhavan’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NMDC Bacheli Complex bags FIMI’s ‘Tata Steel Mining Sustainability Award’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt officials employees to take compulsory pledge for voting 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CM meets Union Ministers on eco-sensitive zones, mines 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IN BRIEF 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 300 Armymen move SC against AFSPA dilution 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- XIMB Fin Assn holds biz meet ‘Finomics’ 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 dowry deaths in Jspur; hubbies arrested 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Keonjhar DM holds grievance meet 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar