Electrocution victims’ kin get Rs 2L aid
The State Energy Department has paid Rs 2 lakh compensation to kin of two electrocution victims of Balangir district as per the direction of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC).
Earlier, civil society organisation Human Rights Watch secretary Sangita Swain in a petition before the NHRC had alleged that two women of Gondapali village in Balangir district, Tapasi Sahoo and Rashmita Sahoo died after coming in contact with a snapped 11 KV wire on August 7, 2017.
Swain alleged that the two victims died due to negligence of the Energy Department employees and asked the NHRC to direct the concerned authorities to pay compensation to the victims. Taking cognisance of Swain’s petition, NHRC had directed the Energy Department to pay compensation to the family of the two deceased.
- Students felicitated for outstanding leadership on I-Day 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- SHEIN celebrates first anniversary 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Former FM’s spouse remembers Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | VISHVENDU JAIPURIAR | in Ranchi
- Adhunik Power pays homage to Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- In brief 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Man convicted for raping minor girl 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- City girl wins IFTDA polls in Mumbai 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC: Lohardaga fairs well in special plan implementation 18 Aug 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- Preparing for ash immersion, Haridwar still nostalgic 18 Aug 2018 | RADHIKA NAGRATH | in Dehradun
- NH-74 scam: IAS lobby flexes muscles, seeks to meet CM 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun