- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Fifth State Finance Commission formed
The State Government has formed the Fifth State Finance Commission headed by former State Election Commissioner Rabinarayan Senapati.
The commission would identify assignment of taxes to be levied by the Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) and Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs) and recommend what percentage of the State’s own taxes are to be shared with these local body institutions.
According to a notification, the commission would also recommend ways and means for devolution of resources from the State level to ULBs and PRIs for five years and suggest measures to empower these institutions.
The recommendations of the commission would be valid for five years commencing from April 1, 2020.
The commission would have five members including former Professor of Utkal University Samson Maharana, former Municipal Administration Director Sanjib Kumar Mishra and Prof Asit Mohanty of Xavier Institute of Management, said the notification.
Panchayati Raj Department Secretary DRK Singh would act as Associated Member of the commission.
While the First State Finance Commission was headed by Justice SK Mohanty, the second one was formed under the Chairmanship of the then MP Trilochan Kanungo. Eminent economist Sudhakar Panda was Chairman of the Third Finance Commission and former Panchayati Raj Secretary Chinmay Basu headed the fourth commission.
- Pranaam Pawas: A poetic event organised to welcome monsoon 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Rudali: A play on women’s struggles staged 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HC allows teenager rape victim to abort 26-week foetus 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Citizens plan to approach court if drive diluted 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BJP MLAs & Cong leaders oppose anti-encroachment drive in Premnagar Bazaa 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 155 cm height fixed for women candidates for police posts 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman straying away to Bengal returns home 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hry Govt to begin special transport service for girl students of Mewat, Morni hills 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab CM approves solar energy project in agri fields 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi