Ghadai seeks medical colleges set up with DMF
Former Finance Minister Prafulla Chandra Ghadai has urged the State Government to recommend to the Medical Council of India (MCI) to establish a medical college and hospital at Kalinganagar and in all mineral bearing districts with support of District Mineral Fund (DMF) at the earliest.
“All mineral bearing areas are tribal dominated and considered to be most backward, both socially and economically.
Large percentage of people are living below poverty line and suffering from various diseases. Shortage of doctors in Government Hospitals has added to their miseries. If DMF is utilised properly, people’s penury can go and they can lead healthy life,” Ghadai mentioned in a letter to the Chief Secretary.
He suggested that the State Government recommend to the Medical Council of India for establishment of medical college and hospital in all mineral-bearing districts, including one at Kalinganagar.
“Ninety-five per cent of the country’s chrome deposit is available at Kalinganagar where patients are dying every day in diseases like kidney failure, cancer, malaria, TB and Dengue. If a medical college and hospital is established, people of three districts, Jajpur, Dhenkanal and Keonjar can get health services easily,” said Ghadai.
He said the incidence of ‘Nagada’ when 19 Juang kids died due to malnutrition would never happen again.
- Two-month-old dies in 108-Amublance 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- No tuition fee for children under Mukhya Mantri Jan-Kalyan 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Stone laid for Narmada-Parvati link project 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Heavy rain sweeps away 3 children 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Centre okays Rs 1131.87 cr projects for HP: Jai Ram Thakur 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Investiture ceremony was held in the Delhi Public School 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‘Mor Gaon Mor Desh’ hits theatre 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Govt to step in amid drought fear 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Chas gets ODF status for third year 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Measles-Rubella vaccination at Bokaro Thermal 18 Jul 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi