Girl buys 2-wheeler with Rs 5 notes
A college girl in Koraput district has set an example of smart saving by purchasing a two-wheeler vehicle for her with Rs 5 currency notes.
Priyanka Panda, daughter of Bhaskar Panda of Jalaput village under Nandapur block, spent the money that she had saved in the past 14 years from her pocket expenses.
On suggestion by her father, the Plus Three student has been saving money since her age of four years. At an appropriate time, she wanted to spend it for her by buying the new vehicle with total cash payment. She paid 12,000 numbers of Rs 5 currency notes at the showroom counter and bought the vehicle.
Although it was a tough job for the showroom employees to count the total amount that contained the low-value currency notes, they lauded Priyanka’s unique effort.
- PM Modi targeted the entire opposition over no-confidence motion 22 Jul 2018 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- GRP Personnel arrested two persons with Rs 2 crores 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Modi failed to prove allegation of corruption in Rafale deal 'Wrong' : Deepankar Bhattacharya 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP police is acting like bouncers of Yogi: Raj Babbar 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- ACOGOA called nationwide indefinite strike in UP 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP govt to adopt block chain technology to maintain digital record of lands 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP govt reintroduced pension for Yash Bharati and Padma awardees 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM reviews preparation of arrival of Prez 22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Digvijay: I have taken oath to follow Constitution 22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Avantika Srivastava to represent State in Mrs India Pageant 22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur