- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
‘Give 600 sqft land to landless slum dwellers’
Champua Independent MLA Sanatan Mahakhud has demanded 600 sqft land for each household living in an urban slum in the State.
Participating in the discussion in the State Assembly on the Odisha Land Rights to Slum Dwellers Ordinance, 2017, Mahakhud hailed the ordinance for rehabilitation of the landless slum dwellers, but sought a few amendments in it.
Expressing concern over forceful eviction of slum dwellers by the Government even if they have been staying there for generations, Mahakhud said the slum dwellers must feel secured at home. Hence, instead of providing temporary houses to the slum dwellers, they should be given homestead land with special preference to the old and the bachelors. He said that a settlement with 10 houses should be recognized as a slum instead of 20 temporary houses.
Mahakhud said that all slum dwellers are from economically weaker sections and hence, both homestead land as well as house should be provided to them. He also said that 45 sqmt land in municipality and 65 sqmt land in NAC for the slum dwellers are not enough.
Besides, Mahakhud demanded homestead land to all who earn their livelihood from dairy and extra 400 sqft land for their Goslala in cities like Brahmapur, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Kendrapada and Sambalpur.
- CM grieves demise of Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Maoist bandh cripples life in Malkangiri 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Raipur
- Got new lease of life, will work more for people’s welfare: Jogi 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CS sets tree plantation target for all industrial units 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Caloffee to provide European flavour to Raipurians 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Gariaband first in State with max. solar irrigation pumps 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- 90,000 trucks, goods carriers go on indefinite strike 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Attack on Swami Agnivesh is condemnable: Baba Ramdev 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raipur becomes ‘future development layout city' 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- ‘Open MKCG 2nd gate in public interest’ 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar