- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
K’jhar road washed away in 15 days of repair
An unholy nexus between contractors, officials and leaders has led to massive corruption in public funds and substandard works. A 5-km road built at a cost of Rs 98 lakh was washed away by rain in less than 15 days of its repair in Keonjhar district.
Sources reveal that Bhuiyanroida - Jhadgaon road situated by the side of NH- 215 in the Joda block not only acts as a bypass to connect Barbil and Koira in case of emergency problem on NH- 215, but also is considered as the lifeline of around 5,000 people of Bhuyaoiada panchayat who depend on this road for their daily routine work at nearby Barbil town.
As the road was damaged, Collector Tirumala Naik had sanctioned Rs 98 lakh from the DMF fund and entrusted the RD department to execute the repairing job of the road. The RD department engaged a contractor who is said to be close to a political leader in the district. As the contractor started the work on May 19 and completed it on June 13, the villagers hoped that their problem was over and they could use the road for next some years smoothly. But to their dismay, the road was washed away during rains recently.
When the villagers again met the Collector in grievance meeting at Champua on July 10, the Collector assured them of a Vigilance inquiry order. But so far nothing has been done in this regard, alleged the villagers.
When contacted, Assistant Executive Engineer, RD, Champua, Arjuna Charan Munda told that the contractor had been asked to do the work again.
- Pranaam Pawas: A poetic event organised to welcome monsoon 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Rudali: A play on women’s struggles staged 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HC allows teenager rape victim to abort 26-week foetus 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Citizens plan to approach court if drive diluted 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BJP MLAs & Cong leaders oppose anti-encroachment drive in Premnagar Bazaa 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 155 cm height fixed for women candidates for police posts 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman straying away to Bengal returns home 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hry Govt to begin special transport service for girl students of Mewat, Morni hills 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab CM approves solar energy project in agri fields 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi