- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
Loan burden: Farmer ends life in D’nal
In a shocking incident, yet another farmer committed suicide over alleged loan burden at Beltikiri village under Sadar block of Dhenkanal district on Wednesday.
The body of the deceased, identified as Aswin Sahoo, was found hanging in the backyard of his house.
Sources said Aswin had undertaken cultivation of paddy in four acre of land by taking a loan. He took the extreme step after the crops were damaged.
“He had taken loan of Rs 2 lakh from various sources for agriculture purpose but as the crops were damaged due to deficit rain he committed suicide,” said Aswin’s brother Prakash Sahoo.
In another incident, a farmer at Khandiabandh village in the district also attempted suicide on Wednesday. The farmer, identified as Artabandu Rout, had planted eight acres of paddy crop by taking a loan.
He consumed poison after the paddy was damaged, alleged family members. Artabandhu is presently undergoing treatment at the District Headquarters Hospital.
- CM grieves demise of Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Maoist bandh cripples life in Malkangiri 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Raipur
- Got new lease of life, will work more for people’s welfare: Jogi 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CS sets tree plantation target for all industrial units 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Caloffee to provide European flavour to Raipurians 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Gariaband first in State with max. solar irrigation pumps 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- 90,000 trucks, goods carriers go on indefinite strike 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Attack on Swami Agnivesh is condemnable: Baba Ramdev 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raipur becomes ‘future development layout city' 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- ‘Open MKCG 2nd gate in public interest’ 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar