MCL acquires 57 acre Jharsuguda farmland
Under supervision of armed police, the Lakhanpur Area of Mahanandi Coalfields Limited (MCL) on Thursday acquired 57 acres of agriculture land of Darlipali village to expand its coal mines.
The Banharpali police arrested 66 women and men for protesting against acquisition by the MCL. The operation continued from the morning till late evening under the supervision of Sub-Collector Ajay Jena. Being informed, Sarandamal Sarpanch Parbati Behera, Samiti Member Debananda Pradhan, Basudev Bhoi and other social workers reached there and discussed the matter with the Sub-Collector on the spot.
Jena said during 1995, the MCL had taken 277 acres land for its coal mines. Out of this, the mines extension is going on over 177 acres now and the rest 100 acres land includes both agriculture land and village slums. The company has now taken 57 acres agriculture land into its possession.
Jena also said the company will be taking all precautions during its expansion of mines. The land owners have been given compensation of Rs 18 lakh and Rs 14 lakh is still lying undisbursed for which district administration has sent notices time and again. On the other hand, the villagers are fighting with the company to fulfil their genuine demands since last 22 years under different courts.
Among others, Lakhanpur Tehsildar Hemsagar Bhoi, Brajrajnagar SDPO Nrupa Charan Dandasena, Banharpali IIC Purusottam Bhoi, Belpahar IIC Suresh Sahoo, Lakhanpur IIC Baikunthanath Seth, Rengali IIC Pratap Rana, Lakhanpur Area GM RP Gupta, MCL Project Officer MMS Reddy, Managers SB Bagin and Dasarath Mishra with four platoon police were present.
- Rs 4.75 lakh recovered again in ICICI bank loot case 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Police seize 130 kg marijuana from GT road 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Tatanagar railway station gets its first elevator 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Net Metering Training for JBVNL Engineers 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- State govt will fulfil children’s dreams: CM 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- ‘Leader should be visionary, considerate and benevolent’ 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Threat to BJP MLA draws Opp’s flak 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- State govt will fulfil children’s dreams, says Chouhan 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- ‘Children should also become truthful citizens besides anything’ 21 Jul 2018 | SR | in Bhopal