- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
Memo to SRC to declare Balangir areas drought-hit
Several farmers and PRI representatives led by Bolangir District Central Cooperative Bank president Laxman Meher, Deogaon Panchyat Samiti Chairman Reena Meher, Gudvella block Chairman Ashok Dora and others on Wednesday submitted a memorandum to Special Relief Commissioner Bishnupada Sethi during his visit to the district.
Due to irregular and inadequate rainfall, in around 1,130 villages out of 1,663 in 223 gram panchyats of the district, the paddy crop was affected leading to a drought like situation.
This year, the Balangir district has received 36 per cent less rainfall and paddy crop in Gudvella, Agalpur, Saintala, Muribhal Belpada, Bongomunda, Tureikela, Patnagarh, Loisingha, and Khaprakhol blocks has been affected by over 50 per cent.
The memorandum demands that where paddy crop loss is more than 50 per cent, the areas should be declared as drought-hit. The other demands include early completion of the lower Suktel irrigation project to provide assured irrigation to paddy crop and construction of barrage over rivers like Tel, Sonegada, Under, Mayabati and Rahul.
As the Kharif paddy crop has been lost, steps should be taken to provide Rabi seed, fertiliser and other agri-equipment to the distressed farmers. Besides, traditional water bodies should be revived and water should be conserved. Also, steps to provide jobs to worker through MGNREGS and check distress migration should be taken, the memorandum demanded.
- CM grieves demise of Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Maoist bandh cripples life in Malkangiri 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Raipur
- Got new lease of life, will work more for people’s welfare: Jogi 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CS sets tree plantation target for all industrial units 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Caloffee to provide European flavour to Raipurians 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Gariaband first in State with max. solar irrigation pumps 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- 90,000 trucks, goods carriers go on indefinite strike 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Attack on Swami Agnivesh is condemnable: Baba Ramdev 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raipur becomes ‘future development layout city' 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- ‘Open MKCG 2nd gate in public interest’ 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar