- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
Most of agro industries closed in State
Most of the agro industries under the Cooperation Department have been out of operations for years and the State Government has no plan to set up any new cooperative firm.
This was revealed from the information provided to the State Assembly by Cooperation Minister Surjya Narayan Patro in response to a question of BJP MLA Dillip Ray.
The Minister said all the six spinning mills and 12 Handloom Cooperative Societies under the Textiles and the Handicrafts Department have been closed. They are Odisha Weavers Cooperative Spinning Mill at Tora in Bargarh district, Kalinga Weavers’ Cooperative Spinning Mill at Dhenkanal, Gopinath weavers’ Cooperative Spinning Mill in Baleswar, Sharala Weavers’ Cooperative Spinning Mill in Jagatsingpur, Jagannath Weavers’ Cooperative Spinning Mill at Athagrh and Utkal Weavers’ Coperative Spinning Mill at Khurdha. Besides, the Handloom Coperative Societies at Kendrapada, Baripada, Khorda, Brahmapur, Chhatia, Athagarh, Rahama, Bargarh, Dhenkanal, Sundargarh, Bhabanipatna and Cuttack are closed.
Out of total five sugar mills operating in the State, the Aska Cooperative Sugarl Mill and the Bargarh Cooperative Sugar Mill have incurred --Govt has no plan to establish new coop firms7.79 crore and Rs 3.65 crore respectively. Though different agencies have taken over the Bijayananda Coperative Sugar Mill, Balangir and the two other sugar mills at Nayagarh and Badamba, yet they are closed.
While a total of 18 cold storages are under the Cooperation Department, 13 of them have remained closed and the rest five are operating. Efforts are on to run two of the defunct on the PPP mode.
The Minister stated that the Government has no plan to establish any new cooperative firm in the State now.
- CM grieves demise of Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Maoist bandh cripples life in Malkangiri 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Raipur
- Got new lease of life, will work more for people’s welfare: Jogi 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CS sets tree plantation target for all industrial units 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Caloffee to provide European flavour to Raipurians 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Gariaband first in State with max. solar irrigation pumps 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- 90,000 trucks, goods carriers go on indefinite strike 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Attack on Swami Agnivesh is condemnable: Baba Ramdev 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raipur becomes ‘future development layout city' 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- ‘Open MKCG 2nd gate in public interest’ 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar