Nandankanan tigress gives birth to 2 cubs
In a good news for animal lovers, tigress Ankita gave birth to two cubs at the Nandankanan Zoological Park on the outskirts of the city on Friday night on her birthday.
The conditions of the tigress and the cubs were stable, zoo officials said. The two cubs took birth at 10.12 pm and 10.40 pm, respectively. The activities of the mother tiger and the cubs are being observed by zoo staff through CCTV footage.
With this, the number of tigers in the zoo mounted to 26 including eight white tigers (three males and five females) and 16 normal colour ones.
Notably, Ankita was born to tiger Rishi and tigress Sara in 2012. She had mated with tiger Saif, which was brought from the Hyderabad zoo on October 1 last year.
- Two-month-old dies in 108-Amublance 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- No tuition fee for children under Mukhya Mantri Jan-Kalyan 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Stone laid for Narmada-Parvati link project 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Heavy rain sweeps away 3 children 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Centre okays Rs 1131.87 cr projects for HP: Jai Ram Thakur 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Investiture ceremony was held in the Delhi Public School 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‘Mor Gaon Mor Desh’ hits theatre 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Govt to step in amid drought fear 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Chas gets ODF status for third year 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Measles-Rubella vaccination at Bokaro Thermal 18 Jul 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi