Now, exclusive Odia products at a click!
People staying outside Odisha will now get access to various products of the State pertaining to its art, craft, literature and food at a single click. In a significant development, a new e-shopping website for Odia products, www.odikart.com has been launched by a group of youths.
The website brings a wide array products exclusive to Odisha at competitive prices to the people staying outside the State. Consequently, it has started its limited
operation with some Odia books and plans to eventually include all products ranging from crafts to food items in its inventory.
The venture, developed by a Delhi-based media professional from Odisha, is operated by a dedicated young team from Delhi and Odisha.
Odiakart founder Sahasranshu Mahapatra said, “There is a huge market for art, craft and food items of Odisha. The handicraft products or art works on terracotta and stone are incredible and one can not find the appliqué work of Pipili and filigree of Cuttack anywhere else.”
He continued, “We aim at emerging as the most credible online platform to deliver ‘products exclusive to Odisha’ to our customers at best prices. Our vision is to bring accolades and create a wider market for the art, culture, literature and food items of Odisha beyond the boundary of the State.”
Mohapatra further said, “The website was in my mind for last 2-3 years. But there was a need for a committed person for Odisha operations and a technical hand to develop and manage the website. Finally, one of my friends extended all the help to develop the website and we have a committed team in Odisha to procure and ship the products”.
- Steel sector witnessing positive growth: Narendran 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Saryu underscores challenges on I-Day 17 Aug 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- Tourist Docs hold medical camp in PTR’s Maromar 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Westside opens doors to fashion enthusiasts 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand, land of brave people: Guv 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand overcame darker days: Raghubar Das 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- New M3 Time EVM rushed at Bokaro 17 Aug 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Police recover dead body of Hawildar 17 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Excise Dept seizes foreign liquor, one arrested 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CMD CCL inaugurates digital radiography, dialysis machines 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi