- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Odia films nominated for Woodpecker Film Fest
The Woodpecker Film Festival Directorate has announced the nominations for the 2013 edition of its film festival. A total of 45 films from different parts of the country have been nominated by a 20-member nomination jury headed by Kunal Verma, Director Asia and Country Head (India), The Resource Alliance.
With an enchanting variety of films focusing on such diverse themes like environment, religion and culture, children, health and livelihoods, the festival promises to be an infotainment extravaganza for film lovers. Scheduled from December 19 to 21, the festival is an initiative of the New Delhi-based CMSR Foundation and will be organised at the India Habitat Centre (IHC).
As many as 14 films from Maharashtra, 13 from Delhi, four from Kerala, three from West Bengal, two each from Tamil Nadu, Gujarat and Odisha and one each from Karnataka, Haryana, Assam, Andhra Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh have been nominated.
Prominent Odia filmmakers whose films have been nominated include The Thirsty Crow, an animation film for better world by Snehasis Das of Jatni and Duhita (Daughter) by Nandita of Bhubaneswar. The Thirsty Crow is on water conservation while Duhita revolves around mother-daughter relationship, how a daughter leads a life alone after she was being raped. As many as 15 student films have been chosen for screening at the festival. The lineup of the movies includes Chilika: Jewel of Odisha.
- Pranaam Pawas: A poetic event organised to welcome monsoon 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Rudali: A play on women’s struggles staged 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HC allows teenager rape victim to abort 26-week foetus 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Citizens plan to approach court if drive diluted 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BJP MLAs & Cong leaders oppose anti-encroachment drive in Premnagar Bazaa 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 155 cm height fixed for women candidates for police posts 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman straying away to Bengal returns home 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hry Govt to begin special transport service for girl students of Mewat, Morni hills 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab CM approves solar energy project in agri fields 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi