- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Odisha, C’garh spar over Mahanadi
The Odisha Government demanded an early handover of the Mahanadi tribunal’s terms of reference during the first regional conference meeting of five States held in Kolkata on Monday.
Besides, the State asked for a halt in the construction work of Mohamala Sirapur barrage and other projects on Mahanadi upstream in Chhattisgarh.
“We presented our argument during the inter-State meeting. We demanded that Chhattisgarh should stop all construction works till the Mahanadi river water issue is settled,” said Food Supplies and Consumer Welfare Minister Surjya Narayan Patro, who represented Odisha.
During the meeting, Patro had a verbal spat with Chhattisgarh Water Resources Minister Brij Mohan Agarwal.
Patro said Chhattisgarh is carrying out constructions contrary to the National Green Tribunal’s order. However, Agarwal said the Mohamala Sirapur barrage construction was started before the NGT’s order and nowhere flow of Mahanadi waters is being obstructed. He further said the tribunal set up on orders of Supreme Court would decide on the issue.
The inter-State conference, which was chaired by Union Minister of State for Water Resources Arjun Ram Meghwal, was attended by representatives from Odisha, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal.
- Pranaam Pawas: A poetic event organised to welcome monsoon 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Rudali: A play on women’s struggles staged 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HC allows teenager rape victim to abort 26-week foetus 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Citizens plan to approach court if drive diluted 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BJP MLAs & Cong leaders oppose anti-encroachment drive in Premnagar Bazaa 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 155 cm height fixed for women candidates for police posts 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman straying away to Bengal returns home 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hry Govt to begin special transport service for girl students of Mewat, Morni hills 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab CM approves solar energy project in agri fields 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi