Officers meet European Consulates in Delhi
In the run up to Make in Odisha (MIO) 2018, the Odisha Government on Thursday held a roundtable meeting with Trade Consulates of several European countries and made a conscious effort to highlight the investment opportunities in Odisha.
A delegation led by Industries Principal Secretary Sanjeev Chopra briefed the Trade Consulates of six European countries about ‘Vision 2025’ of the Odisha Government that focuses on diversifying the industrial development in the State coupled with a target to generate employment for 30 lakh people. It has targeted to attract investments worth Rs 2.5 lakh crore in the focus sectors that include ancillary and downstream in metal sector, chemicals, plastics and petrochemicals, electronics manufacturing and IT, agro and seafood processing, tourism; textiles and apparel.
“Owing to the proactive and progressive governance, the Odisha Government is fast emerging as the manufacturing hub of eastern India. The State is on a steady path of progress, growing at a rate higher than the national average. Odisha’s business friendly policies and the development of world-class infrastructure have received very positive feedback from investors across the globe,” said Chopra.
Odisha has been recognised by the Central Government as a ‘Leader’ in terms of implementation of business reforms, he added.
He presented some of the advantages of doing business in Odisha that include a able and stable Government, identified focus sectors based on competitive strengths, infrastructure led industrial development, resource rich coastal state, highly skilled technical manpower, first of its kind single window portal in the country (GOSWIFT), low cost of doing business, dedicated sector specific clusters, 100,000 acres of industrial land bank mapped through first of its kind GIS based platform and a great place to live and to do business.
He said several European countries would be invited to participate in the ‘Make in Odisha’ Conclave as partner countries. The second conclave would be held in Bhubaneswar from November 11 to 15, 2018.
The State Government had received investment intent of Rs 2,03,270 crore across 10 diversified sectors at the first phase of conclave held
- IN BRIEF 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 300 Armymen move SC against AFSPA dilution 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- XIMB Fin Assn holds biz meet ‘Finomics’ 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 dowry deaths in Jspur; hubbies arrested 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Keonjhar DM holds grievance meet 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Nimapara Excise SI arrested taking bribe 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Hardeep killing: PLFI cadre gets life term 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CUO, Koraput holds talk on gender issues 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Trivendra Rawat greets citizens on Independence Day 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Guv stresses on need to create New India 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun