Pandian house attack: one more accused held
The Commissionerate police on Tuesday arrested one more accused involved in the attack on the residence of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik’s Principal Private Secretary V Karthikeyan Pandian on Saturday from the Sarakantara area here.
The accused was identified as Balaram alias Balia Khuntia.
Balia was part of the group of BJP youth wing activists who staged a protest before Pandian’s residence on the fateful day and went on a rampage. After barging into Pandian’s house, they shouted various slogans against him and vandalised flower pots and vehicles and hurled cow dung targeting the gate.
Police arrested four persons conducting raids at different places following the incident which has triggered widespread criticism from different quarters. The IAS, IPS and OAS and various other employees’ associations also met the Chief Minister on Monday and demanded stringent action against the culprits.
With the nabbing of Balaram, the total number of arrests in the case has increased to five.
- ‘Bhopal on Canvas’ painting exhibition at Swaraj Bhavan Art Gallery 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Kids Zee School, Bhopal organises painting competition 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Campion School Primary Cabinet installed in ceremonious way 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Sawan Mela 2018 concludes on high note 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Platform for modelling, acting for budding talents launched 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Folk dance workshop for the young 21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Singles 21 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Threat by murder accused to jump off terrace in city 21 Aug 2018 | SR | in Bhopal
- In brief 21 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Creation of artificial life: Can we ‘play’ God? 21 Aug 2018 | GYANENDRA NATH MITRA | in Dehradun