‘Paree’ drive a big draw in JSpur
The awareness drive on child sexual abuse ‘Paree Pain Kathatie’ was concluded in a function held here on Monday.
Speaking on the occasion, SP Prakash R said the campaign is a big success while making community aware about and understand its responsibility in tackling child abuse incidents. The campaign was launched on May 28 and concluded on June 12 here.
During awareness drive the Paree chariot rolled out in each block including municipal localities across the district for public supports.
Addressing the gathering, JJ Board Principal Magistrate Pradip Pradhan discussed the problem of sexual abuse and the relevance of the campaign and appreciated the district police for their efforts and hoped that the initiative has made an impact on society and would definitely help in dealing with child sexual abuse.
Child Welfare Committee Chairperson Dr RN Jena said child sexual abuse is a very complex issue and public awareness is needed as most of the perpetrators are known to the children and are usually their neighbours, families, relatives and from close communities.
Among others, the ADM Jagatsinghpur, the District Social Welfare Officer and the District Child Protection Officer spoke.
- Cooperation of all necessary to achieve target: Ramsheela Sahu 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CGPCC chief Bhupesh Baghel to hoist tricolour at ‘Rajiv Bhavan’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NMDC Bacheli Complex bags FIMI’s ‘Tata Steel Mining Sustainability Award’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt officials employees to take compulsory pledge for voting 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CM meets Union Ministers on eco-sensitive zones, mines 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IN BRIEF 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 300 Armymen move SC against AFSPA dilution 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- XIMB Fin Assn holds biz meet ‘Finomics’ 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 dowry deaths in Jspur; hubbies arrested 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Keonjhar DM holds grievance meet 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar