Passenger sick: Flight makes emergency landing
A SpiceJet flight on Tuesday made an emergency landing at the Biju Patnaik International Airport here after a passenger fell sick.
The flight on its way to Bagdogra from Chennai had to be diverted and made an emergency landing around noon after N Das complained of dizziness and fell sick.
After an SOS call, an ambulance was also kept on standby as a precautionary measure after the airport’s terminal staff was alerted about the medical emergency of a passenger.
The Boeing 737 aircraft with 189 passengers on board landed at the airport.
Later, a team of doctors at the medical inspection room of the airport immediately responded.
However, after a preliminary checkup and treatment at the airport, Das was declared fit and the flight departed at around 2 pm.
- Cooperation of all necessary to achieve target: Ramsheela Sahu 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CGPCC chief Bhupesh Baghel to hoist tricolour at ‘Rajiv Bhavan’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NMDC Bacheli Complex bags FIMI’s ‘Tata Steel Mining Sustainability Award’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt officials employees to take compulsory pledge for voting 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CM meets Union Ministers on eco-sensitive zones, mines 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IN BRIEF 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 300 Armymen move SC against AFSPA dilution 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- XIMB Fin Assn holds biz meet ‘Finomics’ 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 dowry deaths in Jspur; hubbies arrested 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Keonjhar DM holds grievance meet 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar