Pravat, back in BJD fold, decried in Banki
The intelligentsia of Banki has questioned Chief Minister and BJD supremo Naveen Patnaik’s decision to induct Pravat Tripathy in the party recently who is still an accused in the chit fund scam.
Under the leadership of Shyam Sundar Sahoo, Jajati Pattnaik, Satyanarayan Samanta, Saroj Modgulsingh, they in a Press meet decried the move and said that Tripathy has tarnished the image of Banki soil.
Since the case is pending in the court, Tripathy has no right to come back to power. They said that the people of Banki were happy when the BJD supremo had instantly suspended Tripathy from the party after allegation that he had accepted bribes from Artha Tatwa chief Pradeep Sethi for promoting his black business. They said that only an interim bail by the SC should not be construed as Tripathy having been absolved of the charge.
“From primary investigation, the CBI was confirmed that Tripathy was involved in the chit fund scam for which he was grilled and lodged for about four months in Jharpada jail,” they said and urged the Patnaik to review his decision to take back the tainted leader into the BJD.
Asked, Tripathy said that he has no alternative in Banki and that some rebel leaders were bringing false allegations against him out of jealousy.
- Cooperation of all necessary to achieve target: Ramsheela Sahu 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CGPCC chief Bhupesh Baghel to hoist tricolour at ‘Rajiv Bhavan’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NMDC Bacheli Complex bags FIMI’s ‘Tata Steel Mining Sustainability Award’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt officials employees to take compulsory pledge for voting 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CM meets Union Ministers on eco-sensitive zones, mines 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IN BRIEF 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 300 Armymen move SC against AFSPA dilution 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- XIMB Fin Assn holds biz meet ‘Finomics’ 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 dowry deaths in Jspur; hubbies arrested 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Keonjhar DM holds grievance meet 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar