Ragging death: Vizag cops meet IGH docs
The four-member team of Andhra Pradesh’s Vishakhapatnam police, which has been camping in Odisha for the last two days and probing the death of Sambalpur boy Shreyash Kesharwani allegedly due to ragging in the Shree Chaitanya Junior College hostel at Vizag, reached the Ispat General Hospital (IGH), Rourkela, where an injured Shreyash had undergone treatment first on return from his hostel.
The police team led by the Palem police station IIC K Laxmanmurthy held discussions with the IGH team of doctors that treated Shreyash including the ICU in-charge and casualty doctor regarding the case.
Later, they left for Sambalpur to meet the parents of the deceased student. After holding discussions they are scheduled to leave for Visakhapatnam and submit the report.
However, after the postmortem report’s revelations, hopes of action against the guilty students have grown though the institute authorities had refuted the allegations of ragging.
On Friday, the team had collected the autopsy report of Shreyash which revealed that he had a ‘contusion’ in his heart and blood clotting in his lungs before his death.
- Two-month-old dies in 108-Amublance 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- No tuition fee for children under Mukhya Mantri Jan-Kalyan 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Stone laid for Narmada-Parvati link project 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Heavy rain sweeps away 3 children 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Centre okays Rs 1131.87 cr projects for HP: Jai Ram Thakur 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Investiture ceremony was held in the Delhi Public School 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‘Mor Gaon Mor Desh’ hits theatre 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Govt to step in amid drought fear 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Chas gets ODF status for third year 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Measles-Rubella vaccination at Bokaro Thermal 18 Jul 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi